New to IELTS writing? Read these points!
To remember for IELTS Writing:
- Make sure you PLAN your answer before you start to write it: If you fail to plan, then plan to fail! A planned answer is easier and faster to write.
- Remember to write at least 250 words. You will not receive a higher score if you write more than 250 words.
- Make sure you identify the topic and write only about that. While you are writing, go back to the question and read it again, making sure you are 'on track'.
- Do not attempt to memorise an answer - the examiners will know it's memorised and you will get 0 for your bandscore .
- Make sure you have some time at the end to check your answer - even the best writers make mistakes!
- Try to paraphrase words from the question that you use in your answer.
- Task 2 is worth 66% and Task 1 is worth 33%