TOEFL / IELTS Vocabulary

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in TOEFL Test

There are vocabulary words which appear regularly on the TOEFL/IELTS exam. Put the following 10 words in the correct sentences.

chart
appreciation
prospect
dramatic
contradiction
currency
inevitably
complement
accompany
paragraph

1. You do not need to change __________________ going from France to the Netherlands then to Germany.
2. The _____________________ of a budget cut has caused anger in the Language Departments.
3. To apply, you must submit a letter of ____________________ written by a professor.
4. I will show this ___________________ during the meeting to explain my research points.
5. The guard will ____________________ you in the bank vault.
6. He needs to change one ____________________ of his introduction before submitting it.
7. There is a clear ____________________ between our results and those of our competitor.
8. Vaccination has shown a ___________________effect on the reduction of childhood diseases.
9. He takes a vitamin pill to _____________________ his irregular diet.
10. As predicted, the owner's son has risen __________________ to a position of power in the company.

Click here for the correct answers.

1. You do not need to change currency going from France to the Netherlands then to Germany.
2. The prospect of a budget cut has caused anger in the Language Departments.
3. To apply, you must submit a letter of appreciation written by a professor.
4. I will show this chart during the meeting to explain my research points.
5. The guard will accompany you in the bank vault.
6. He needs to change one paragraph of his introduction before submitting it.
7. There is a clear contradiction between our results and those of our competitor.
8. Vaccination has shown a dramatic effect on the reduction of childhood diseases.
9. He takes a vitamin pill to complement his irregular diet.
10. As predicted, the owner's son has risen inevitably to a position of power in the company.

Click here for another exercise.