Phrasal Verbs 11

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Vocabulary

Following is a list of phrasal verbs that you need to know. Put the correct word in each sentence.

come to
come through
come up to
come up with
come with
count in
count on
count out
count up
cross out

1. The child chose to __________________ her money to see if she had enough for the toy.
2. The doctors promised that the accident victim would ____________________ at any moment.
3. The layoffs were difficult, but the staff managed to ______________________ the restructuring intact.
4. Unfortunately, the tool does not _________________________ batteries; you need to buy them separately.
5. No replacement will _______________________ the standard of the outgoing manager.
6. Feel free to ________________________ any items that you do not think we should buy.
7. My leg is still sore, so you should _____________________ me _______________ of tonight's game.
8. Sharon is a good product manager. You can ___________________________ her every step of the way.
9. The trip sounds interesting and the price is good, so ____________________ me _________.
10. How did she ___________________________ such a good idea, when she barely knows the project?

Click here for the correct answers.

1. The child chose to count up her money to see if she had enough for the toy.
2. The doctors promised that the accident victim would come to at any moment.
3. The layoffs were difficult, but the staff managed to come through the restructuring intact.
4. Unfortunately, the tool does not come with batteries; you need to buy them separately.
5. No replacement will come up to the standard of the outgoing manager.
6. Feel free to cross out any items that you do not think we should buy.
7. My leg is still sore, so you should count me out of tonight's game.
8. Sharon is a good product manager. You can count on her every step of the way.
9. The trip sounds interesting and the price is good, so count me in.
10. How did she come up with such a good idea, when she barely knows the project?

Click here for another exercise.