Cambridge Writing Task 2 - Email, Article or Report

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cambridge Writing Task 2

In this task, you have to write 140 - 190 words as either an answer to an email, an article based on a given title, or a report with suggestions on how to write it.

This example is a structured report.

You are doing a unit in class about the Internet.

In your report, you should:

• talk about how adults use the Internet
  • talk about adolescents use the Internet
  • talk about you use the Internet
Write your report.

Click here for a sample report.

How do people use the Internet today? First I am going to talk about adults, then teenagers, and finally how I use the Internet.

Adults use the Internet a lot at work. They send emails to colleagues and clients and use online tools in their jobs. Many adults spend the entire day connected to the Internet. They also use the Internet for entertainment, in particular websites such as Facebook or streaming such as Netflix.

Teenagers in school usually cannot use a computer. But they have their telephones and with fast 4G and soon 5G technology, they can watch videos, check their results on their school website, and communicate with friends. Teenagers like websites such as Instagram, SnapChat, TikTok and of course YouTube for videos.

I use the Internet for information and for entertainment. I like to watch videos and series, but I also need to find information for school. There are translators for language classes, and online help for math and science. I would be lost without my cellphone and my access to the Internet!