Using Proper Nouns
Proper nouns are often a problem for students learning EnglishFor example, 'She'll be coming home on wednesday." Or, "My birthday is in july."
|holidays||New Year’s Day|
|days and months||Thursday, September|
|cities, towns, states|| San Francisco|
|nationalities and languages||French, Thai|
|books, series and movies||True Detective, Terminator|
|oceans, seas, rivers||Atlantic Ocean|
What words should be capitalized in the following sentences?
1. When joshua went to ireland last year, he started his trip in dublin.
2. More and more chinese restaurants are opening this year - one just after easter.
3. I've been to the black sea and bulgaria.
4. Too many people want to climb mount everest, which is in nepal.
5. On tuesday she will start her new job with facebook.
6. sandy loved the lord of the rings series by jrr tolkein.
Click here for the correct answers.
1. When Joshua went to Ireland last year, he started his trip in Dublin.
2. More and more Chinese restaurants are opening this year - one just after Easter.
3. I've been to the Black Sea and Bulgaria.
4. Too many people want to climb Mount Everest, which is in Nepal.
5. On Tuesday she will start her new job with Facebook.
6.Sandy loved the Lord of the Rings series by JRR Tolkein.