Cambridge Reading Part 4 - Sentences
Cambridge Reading Part 4 - Complete the sentencesIn this section, you need to complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the word given. You must not change the given word. You may use between one and five words, including the word given.
1. Many people respect Nelson Mandela
Many people ______________________ Nelson Mandela.
2. He was not able to hear the lecturer in the auditorium.
He ____________________ hear the lecturer.
3. She worked at her own rhythm at her speed.
She worked _____________________________ she wanted to work.
4. The doctor showed me where the bone had healed.
The doctor ____________________ to me where the bone had healed.
5. A bird suddenly went past the window.
A bird suddenly ______________________ the window.
6. His words did not reveal exactly what he meant.
I had to _______________________ his words to understand what he meant.
Click here for the correct answers.
1. Many people look up to Nelson Mandela
2. He could not hear the lecturer.
3. She worked as fast as she wanted to work.
4. The doctor pointed out to me where the bone had healed.
5. A bird suddenly flew by / past the window.
6. I had to read into his words to understand what he meant.