Options

Cambridge Writing Task 2 - Email, Article or Report

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cambridge Writing Task 2

In this task, you have to write 140 - 190 words as either an answer to an email, an article based on a given title, or a report with suggestions on how to write it.

This is an example of an article.

You see this announcement on an English-language website.

Articles wanted

Write an article with this title:

One Place I Would Like to Visit

The best articles will be published on our website.

Write your article.

Click here for a sample answer.

One place I would like to visit is Japan. Japan is interesting to me because it is a small island but has a very strong economy and a lot of history and culture. After their defeat in World War II, the country rebuilt and became very strong economically in industries such as electronics, automobiles, and motorcycles.

Everyone reads Japanese manga stories. There are also comics on television which come from Japan, and famous authors who write literature. Japan has a long history of being closed and self-sufficient. The language is also interesting, with its Chinese influence and its different writing systems.

Finally, going to Japan would allow me to see one of the largest cities in the world, Tokyo, to ride on some of the fastest trains in the world, and to eat Japanese delicacies. I would also like to see how average people live in the cities and also in the countryside. I think the country is very beautiful and want to go there someday.