Options

Cambridge Writing Task 2 - Email, article or report

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Cambridge B2 Exams

Cambridge Writing Task 2

In this task, you have to write 140 - 190 words as either an answer to an email, an article based on a given title, or a report with suggestions on how to write it.

This is an example of an article.

You see this announcement on an English language website.

Articles wanted

Write an article with this title:

What it means to have a pet

The best articles will be posted on our website.

Click here for a sample answer.

I believe that everyone should have a pet. To me, having a pet means learning responsibility for a living animal and receiving a lot of love.

I remember when I first got my dog, Pepper. She was just a puppy and had a lot of energy. I had to learn when to feed her, how much to feed her, and I had to take her outside to get exercise. Some days I did not want to go outside because it was cold or raining, but I had to because Pepper needed her walk.

It was difficult to train her not to pee in the house and I had to learn when she wanted to go out. But we both learned from each other. When she became an adult dog we spent a lot of time together. In the summer we went to the park and in the winter she would lie on my bed while I did my homework.

She loved attention from me and we liked to play together. I was never lonely with Pepper around, and even when I was sad she would come for scratches.

To me, that's what it means to have a pet.
Click here for another exercise.