Giving your opinion in your IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC essay.
Can you give your opinion quickly about a variety of IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC topics?
In your IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC test, you don't have a lot of time to come up with an opinion on a topic, so it's better to have already considered a number of topics before you go into the test.
You should be able to read an essay question and very quickly come up with some related ideas and an opinion that you could write in your answer.
Try the following exercise which will help you to improve your opinion-forming ability.
- Read the following partial sentences.
- Think about what your opinion is on the topics you read.
- Post your responses to the sentences below.
1. In my opinion, __________________ is a good way to reduce stress.
2. The Internet is a __________________ influence on our lives.
3. The best thing about my home town is __________________ .
4. The most important invention in the world is __________________ .
5. My ideal job would be __________________ .
6. The benefit of having a pet is __________________ .
7. The problem with advertising is __________________ .
8. The advantage of fossil fuels is __________________ .
9. From my perspective, a great teacher __________________ .
10. In summary, the major benefit of travel is __________________ .