Options

TOEFL Speaking - Section 2

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in TOEFL Test

In this part you have to speak for 45 seconds about a choice.

Look at the topic below for 15 seconds. You may make notes if you wish

Some people prefer to live in the country and have few neighbors; some people prefer the suburbs and a small community; some prefer the city and its advantages. Where would you prefer to live and why?

Preparation Time: 15 seconds
     Response Time: 45 seconds

You should speak for 45 seconds.

Click here for a sample response:

I grew up in a small village with rice fields all around. I remember people's houses being open and I could just walk through the door to get my friends to play. Almost everyone in the village was family to me, my grandparents were there, my parents' brothers and sisters too, which meant I had a lot of cousins around.

I am glad to be going to university and I appreciate what I have in the city, but I was never afraid in my village and I think that would be a good way for my own children to grow up. Of course, I am not sure what kind of work I will be able to do with my university degree in a small village, and I don't want to be a farmer like my family. Maybe I can live in a village and commute into a city for work? 

I do know that I don't want to live in a city. I enjoy the fresh air of the countryside and knowing all of my neighbors.

Click here for another exercise.
Tagged: