Are you a Visual Learner?
Most people are visual learners. A visual learner learns best by reading or seeing pictures, they understand and remember things by sight. You like to see what you are learning.
As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean . You often close your eyes to visualise or remember something, and you'll find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.
Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:
- Sit near the front of the classroom.
- Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.
- Use flashcards to learn new words.
- Try to visualise things that you hear or things that are read to you.
- Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.
- Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.
- Color code things.
- Avoid distractions during study times.