Words Students Confuse - to, two and too
Homonyms are words that sound alike but have different meanings.
Three words that have similar pronunciations but different meanings are to, two and too
To shows either the infinitive of a verb - They like to go swimming. OR a preposition of place - They like going to the park.
Two is a number - There are two contestants in the race.
Too means "also" or "in addition". They are leaving, so I am leaving too.
Choose the right word in the following sentences:
1. Give the ball ______________ the children.
2. I remember ordering _______________ tickets, not just one.
3. Is Daniel sleeping ____________?
4. I went __________ __________________ concerts last year.
5. Did she buy a new couch _______________?
1. Give the ball to the children.
2. I remember ordering two tickets, not just one.
3. Is Daniel sleeping too?
4. I went to two concerts last year.
5. Did she buy a new couch too?