Options

Phrasal Verbs 6

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Vocabulary

Following is a list of phrasal verbs that you need to know. Put the correct word in each sentence.

call up
calm down
care for
care for
carry on
carry on about
carry out
carry over
catch on
catch up

1. The runner realized that his pace was too slow and he would not be able to ____________________.
2. It is only a spider, so please ________________________!
3. I am sure that Jamie is going to ____________________ her raise for the next month.
4. Paola is a bit strange, she does not __________________ chocolate in any form.
5. The product is late, so we will need to _________________ the supplier as soon as possible.
6. Tom never married so he could ______________________ his aging parents until they died.
7. The boss's orders were to increase production, but I do not know how we can _____________ them ____________.
8. Portable music players existed before the iPod, but they did not __________________.
9. After the warehouse fire, the company had to find a way to _______________________ until a new one was built.
10. The meetings were tense and we were afraid they might ___________________ to the next day.

Click here for the correct answers.

1. The runner realized that his pace was too slow and he would not be able to catch up.
2. It is only a spider, so please calm down!
3. I am sure that Jamie is going to carry on about her raise for the next month.
4. Paola is a bit strange, she does not care about chocolate in any form.
5. The product is late, so we will need to call up the supplier as soon as possible.
6. Tom never married so he could care for his aging parents until they died.
7. The boss's orders were to increase production, but I do not know how we can carry them out.
8. Portable music players existed before the iPod, but they did not catch on.
9. After the warehouse fire, the company had to find a way to carry on until a new one was built.
10. The meetings were tense and we were afraid they might carry over to the next day.

Click here for another exercise