Options

Cambridge Writing Task 2 - Email, article or report

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Cambridge B2 Exams

Cambridge Writing Task 2

In this task, you have to write 140 - 190 words as either an answer to an email, an article based on a given title, or a report with suggestions on how to write it.

This example is an answer to an email.

Subject: Traveling abroad

Hi, 

Some people at the office thought it would be fun to put together a series of travel adventures.

Do you have any interesting adventures in a foreign country to talk about?

Thank you!

Janine

Click here for a sample response.

Hi Janine,

I remember once when I was in Thailand I traveled with a friend to visit a refugee camp. We did not have a lot of money, so we booked a low-priced hotel not far from the camp.

It was hot, and we traveled together by train, I think, or maybe by bus. When we arrived, we checked into the hotel.

The room was disappointing, but at least it was clean. There was only one bed for the two of us! It was big, so that was okay. There was no furniture, just the bed, a concrete floor, concrete walls, and the bathroom.

Imagine my surprise when I went to take a shower and the only water was cold. There was no air conditioning in the room either, so the cold shower helped bring down my body temperature, but it was cold.

I think we stayed there three days and each morning we sang a song loudly to cover the shock of the cold water!

I remember even today that a lot of people in the world do not have hot water for showers and that we do live in luxury.

Best!

Click here for another exercise