Options

Cambridge Writing Task 1 - Essay

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Cambridge B2 Exams

The Cambridge English Certification requires written work from the student. Following is a sample question and a sample answer. (Usually, answers are between 150 - 200 words)

1. In your English class you have been talking about reading and the importance of books. Your English teacher has asked you to write an essay on this topic:

Are physical books important today?

Notes:

Write about:

1. Technology (eReaders, telephones, tablets)
2. How you use books
3. .......................................(your own idea).

Click here for a sample essay.

Today everyone above the age of 12, and even younger children, have access to technology. I think we read a lot more from a screen than we do from paper. I get a lot of information from my telephone because it has a dictionary and even an encyclopedia. People download books to their telephones, their eReaders, and their tablets and read books on the screen.

Sometimes, though, I like to be able to just read a book. Especially a long book. It feels good to turn the pages and to see the progress that I am making. Plus, a book does not need any electricity, there is no battery that needs to be recharged. I find that a book is very convenient on the bus or even just sitting on my bed.

A lot of people say that we will stop reading books, but I don't think this is true. We still like to have books made of paper that we can carry with us. It is nice to have books in a digital format, but reading words on paper is a pleasure. We often begin as children reading books made of paper, and continue all of our lives.

Click here for another exercise.