Cambridge Writing Task 2 - Email, Article or Report

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Cambridge B2 Exams

Cambridge Writing Task 2

In this task, you have to write 140 - 190 words as either an answer to an email, an article based on a given title, or a report with suggestions on how to write it.

This example is an answer to an email.

Subject: Your first job

Hi, we've been looking at people's work in different countries. Can you send me a message about your first job? Or a hobby that you like to do frequently?

We're going to make a little booklet with them all! Thanks in advance,

Tara

Click here for a sample answer.

Hi Tara,

It's nice to hear from you. 

My first job was working in a large fast-food restaurant. Before that, I had worked cutting grass and doing odd jobs, but this was my first real job with a schedule and a boss. I learned how to make the hamburgers and French fries, then I was trained on how to clean the restaurant, filter the oil in the fryers, and finally work out front at the cash register and the drive-thru.

The hours were late, often for me from 6 pm to 2 am, but I met a lot of nice people and learned how to work. Sometimes there was a rush and we could not stop for hours at a time, and sometimes it was almost empty and we could start cleaning early so we could go home early.

A lot of people say bad things about working in a fast food restaurant, but at 17, 18 or 19 years old I think it is a good introduction to the working world.

Hope you are doing well!

Click here for another exercise.