Options

Cambridge Speaking Task 2 - Picture Commentary

ScottsEnglishScottsEnglish Administrator Posts: 1,296 admin ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Cambridge B2 Exams

Cambridge Speaking Task 2 - Picture Commentary (in groups of 2 or 3)

In  Part 2 of the Cambridge Speaking Exam, you will be shown pictures and asked to comment on them. You will be in a group of two or three candidates. You will need to speak for a little less than two minutes each.

You will hear:

"It's your turn first Candidate 1. Here are your photographs. They show holidays.

I'd like you to compare the two photographs and say why people choose these different vacations. You can also say what you like about these different holiday choices.

(The second candidate will also have a question about your photographs, to answer in 30 seconds)

Candidate 1 also needs to comment on the photos of Candidate 2 at the end of the exam.

Click here for some sample speaking answers.

The first photograph is a beach holiday. Many people like to go to the beach on holidays. The beach makes us think of sunshine, but also summertime and no school, a time to do whatever we want to do. I like going to the beach but it is far away from where I live so I don't have the chance very often.

The second holiday is in the mountains. People go to the mountains in order to hike and camp in the summertime. In the winter time, people go to the mountains to go skiing. The man is walking with a backpack in an area that looks like a forest. I have always enjoyed camping with my family and walking in the woods, because we live close to a national forest.

Both images are in nature, and both show just one person enjoying nature.

Click here for another exercise.
Tagged: