IELTS Task 1: Writing an Introduction
Study the graphs below and write a Task 1 introduction.
Here are some points to consider:
1. There are two graphs.
2. They are both bar graphs.
3. The information deals with different marital statuses (ie. married, divorced, single, widowed).
3. The top (ie NOT first) graph covers a time period from 1970 to 2000.
4. The bottom (ie NOT second) graph only covers two (2) years.
5. The information for both graphs has been taken from the USA.
6. The introduction should only be a sentence or two.
When you have tried to write your introductory paragraph, compare it with our sample paragraph. Make sure you first try to write one yourself!